There are some signs that mean you should call your doctor right away.
These are if:
· You have vaginal bleeding, that is either more than spotting or is bright red
· Your water breaks, and you are NOT having contractions
· Your contractions are closer together than every 5 minutes
· You have severe and constant pain, rather than contractions, or
· You are still less than 37 weeks pregnant, but are starting to have more than 5 contractions within an hour.
These are all signs that your delivery may happen much sooner than you expected, OR - either you or your baby are having trouble. In any case, you may need to go to the birthing center right away.