As a diabetic, you probably know a lot about the signs and symptoms that go along with abnormal blood sugar levels.
· difficulty with your vision
· shortness of breath
· feeling slow or tired
· not getting better from a cold or flu
· having infections that don't go away or don't get better
· feeling very thirsty
· needing to go to the bathroom a lot, or
· feeling hungry all of the time.
Blood sugar levels can be difficult to control both during and after delivery. So, it's important to follow your doctor's instructions carefully. If you get an infection after the delivery, this can make blood sugar control very difficult and may require IV antibiotics to help it heal.
With any problem, you may be asked to check your blood sugar levels more frequently. It is important to report any changes to your doctor as soon as possible so that appropriate treatment can be started if necessary.