Try to take TheraNatal every day, at the same time each day. Your dosage will depend on which TheraNatal product you are using. It is usually recommended to take your dose with food, as this vitamin can cause stomach upset. If you develop severe nausea or vomiting, your healthcare provider may recommend a different product for you.
Your dose of TheraNatal® vitamins may vary, depending on the particular product you are taking. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
For women taking TheraNatal Core Nutrition, the usual recommended dosage is one vitamin and mineral tablet taken once a day.
The usual recommended dosage of TheraNatal Complete is one vitamin and mineral tablet (the same vitamin and mineral tablet found in TheraNatal Core Nutrition), one "Choline Plus" tablet (which contains extra choline, vitamin D, and vitamin B6), and one softgel (which contains docosahexaenoic acid, also known as DHA).
Women who take TheraNatal Lactation Support will take one vitamin and mineral tablet (specially designed for lactating women), one Choline Plus tablet, and one DHA softgel.
You should try to remember to take TheraNatal every day. However, it is okay if you occasionally forget to take a dose of your vitamins.
Some considerations to keep in mind while taking TheraNatal include the following:
- TheraNatal Core Nutrition comes in the form of a tablet. It is normally taken by mouth once a day.
- TheraNatal Complete and TheraNatal Lactation Support come with one vitamin tablet, one choline tablet, and one softgel containing DHA. The tablets and softgel are taken once a day. You can take all three at once, or separate the doses.
- You should take your vitamin with food. This will help reduce stomach upset that can occur with the vitamins.
- TheraNatal can be taken any time of the day. However, you should try to take your doses at about the same time every day.
- Let your healthcare provider know if TheraNatal causes significant nausea or vomiting. He or she may have some useful suggestions, or may be able to recommend a different prenatal vitamin.
- For the vitamin to work properly, it must be taken as directed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or TheraNatal dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.