As with any medication or supplement, it is possible to take too much PreNexa. Symptoms will vary, depending on how much of the vitamin was taken and whether it was taken with other substances. An overdose with this product is likely to cause a variety of bothersome symptoms such as diarrhea (or constipation), nausea, and vomiting.
Can You Take Too Much PreNexa?
PreNexa® is a prescription prenatal vitamin. It is possible to take too much of this supplement. The specific effects of a PreNexa overdose can vary depending on several factors, including the PreNexa dosage and whether it was taken with any other substances or medicines.
Because an overdose with PreNexa can be quite dangerous, seek immediate medical attention if you or someone else may have overdosed on this vitamin.
Dangerous PreNexa Overdose Effects
An overdose with PreNexa is likely to cause a variety of bothersome symptoms such as diarrhea (or constipation), nausea, and vomiting. More importantly, though, PreNexa contains iron, and taking too much iron can be very dangerous (especially for young children). Symptoms of iron poisoning may include:
- Fever and chills
- Blue lips and fingernails
- Pale skin
- Black or bloody stools
- Nausea and vomiting
- Metallic taste in mouth
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- Fluid in the lungs
- Loss of life.
Because iron is a leading cause of poisoning deaths in children, PreNexa prenatal vitamins should be stored out of the reach of children.