When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Prenate Essential include the following:
- This product comes in the form of a softgel capsule. It is normally taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take it with or without food. Taking your capsule on an empty stomach may help improve the absorption of the iron in the vitamin, but most women find taking it with food can help reduce stomach upset.
- Prenate Essential can be taken any time of the day. However, you should try to take it at about the same time every day.
- Let your healthcare provider know if Prenate Essential causes significant nausea or vomiting. He or she may have some useful suggestions, or may be able to recommend a different prenatal vitamin.
- For the vitamin to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThere is only one standard dose for Prenate Essential. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Prenate Essential Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of Prenate EssentialJust like any medicine, Prenate Essential can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes this vitamin will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common Prenate Essential side effects include but are not limited to:
(Click Prenate Essential Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)