Prenate Essential Overdose
As with any vitamin or supplement, it is possible to take too much Prenate Essential. Overdose symptoms will vary, but can include vomiting, diarrhea, and unusual bleeding. It is also possible that overdosing on this prenatal vitamin could cause iron poisoning, which can be quite dangerous, especially in children. Seek immediate medical treatment if you have taken too much of this vitamin.
Can You Take Too Much Prenate Essential?Prenate® Essential is a prescription prenatal vitamin. Prenatal vitamins are designed specifically for the nutritional needs of pregnant women. As with any vitamin, it is possible to take too much Prenate Essential.
The specific effects of an overdose can vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Prenate Essential dosage and whether it was combined with any other medications or substances.
Effects of an OverdoseBased on the individual vitamins and minerals found in Prenate Essential, symptoms of an overdose may include but are not limited to:
- Heartburn or indigestion
- Abdominal (stomach) pain
- Unusual bleeding, including potentially dangerous bleeding
- Numbness or tingling of the hands or feet
- Kidney stones (especially in people prone to kidney stones).
Perhaps most importantly, because Prenate Essential contains iron, an overdose with this vitamin could cause iron poisoning. This can be quite dangerous, especially in children. Symptoms of iron poisoning may include:
- Black or bloody stools
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blue lips and fingernails
- Pale skin
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Metallic taste in the mouth
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- Fluid in the lungs
- Fever and chills