Prenate Essential Dosage
For any woman who takes Prenate Essential, the standard recommended dose is one softgel capsule taken once a day. The prenatal vitamin can be taken with or without food, but try to take it at about the same time each day. Talk to your healthcare provider if you develop severe nausea or vomiting while using this product.
An Introduction to Dosing With Prenate EssentialThere is only one standard recommended dose for Prenate® Essential. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
What Is the Recommended Prenate Essential Dosage?The usual recommended dosage of Prenate Essential is one softgel capsule taken once a day. Although the vitamin should be taken every day, it is okay if you miss a dose every once in a while. However, you should try to take it on a regular basis.
General Information on Taking Prenate EssentialSome considerations to keep in mind while taking Prenate Essential include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a softgel capsule. It is normally taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take it with or without food. Taking your capsule on an empty stomach may help improve the absorption of the iron in the vitamin, but most women find taking it with food can help reduce stomach upset.
- Prenate Essential can be taken any time of the day. However, try to take it at about the same time every day.
- Let your healthcare provider know if Prenate Essential causes significant nausea or vomiting. He or she may have some useful suggestions, or may be able to recommend a different prenatal vitamin.
- For the vitamin to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Prenate Essential dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.