When and How to Take Prenate DHASome general considerations for when and how to take Prenate DHA include the following:
- Prenate DHA comes in the form of a softgel capsule. It is taken once a day.
- Prenate DHA products can be taken with food or on an empty stomach. The iron in these products may be better absorbed on an empty stomach, but most women find that taking prenatal vitamins with a little food usually helps with stomach upset.
- It does not matter what time of day you take Prenate DHA, but try to take it at the same time each day.
- Let your healthcare provider know if you have trouble keeping Prenate DHA down or if it causes significant nausea. Your healthcare provider may have some useful suggestions or may recommend trying a different prenatal vitamin.
- For the vitamins to work properly, they must be taken as prescribed. They will not work if you stop taking them.
Prenate DHA Dosing InformationThere is only one standard recommended dose for Prenate DHA. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Prenate DHA Dosage for more information.)
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Prenate DHA. However, not everyone who takes it will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Some of the possible side effects of Prenate DHA (which are also common symptoms in pregnancy) include, but are not limited to:
(Click Prenate DHA Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)