Prenate DHA Dosage
For women who are taking Prenate DHA, the recommended standard dosage is one softgel capsule each day. It does not matter what time of day you take your Prenate DHA dosage, but try to take it at the same time each day. If you have trouble keeping Prenate DHA down or if it causes significant nausea, let your healthcare provider know. He or she may have some helpful suggestions or may recommend a different prenatal vitamin.
Prenate DHA Dosage: An IntroductionThere is only one standard recommended dose for Prenate DHA®. As is always the case, do not adjust your Prenate DHA dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
The recommended Prenate DHA dose is one softgel capsule a day. It is not the end of the world if you miss a dose (or vomit up a dose) every once in a while, but try to take Prenate DHA on a regular basis. Let your healthcare provider know if you have trouble keeping Prenate DHA down or if it causes significant nausea. Your healthcare provider may have some useful suggestions or may recommend trying a different prenatal vitamin.
General Information on Dosing With Prenate DHASome considerations for people taking Prenate DHA include the following:
- Prenate DHA comes in the form of a softgel capsule. It is taken once a day.
- Prenate DHA products can be taken with food or on an empty stomach. The iron in these products may be better absorbed on an empty stomach, but most women find that taking prenatal vitamins with a little food usually helps with stomach upset.
- It does not matter what time of day you take Prenate DHA, but try to take it at the same time each day.
- For the vitamins to work properly, they must be taken as prescribed. Prenate DHA will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Prenate DHA dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.