Although it is possible to take too much PremesisRx, the symptoms are not typically life threatening. If you overdose on PremesisRx, you are likely to experience symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or constipation. You should seek immediate medical attention if you believe that you have overdosed on these multivitamins. Treatment for a PremesisRx overdose may include administering certain medications, pumping the stomach, or using supportive care.
An Introduction to PremesisRx OverdosePremesisRx® prenatal vitamins are only available by prescription. As with other multivitamins, it is possible to take too much PremesisRx. The specific effects of a PremesisRx overdose can vary depending on a number of factors, including the PremesisRx dosage and whether it was taken with other medications or substances.
(PremesisRx is no longer being manufactured and should no longer be sold in the United States. Please consult your healthcare provider for further information.)
Dangerous PremesisRx Overdose EffectsAn overdose on any multivitamin is likely to cause bothersome symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or constipation. Fortunately, these are not usually life-threatening problems. Unlike most other prenatal vitamins, PremesisRx does not contain iron, and is, therefore, less likely to cause serious problems in the case of an overdose.
Treatment for a PremesisRx OverdoseThe treatment for a PremesisRx overdose will vary. If the overdose was recent, a healthcare provider may use certain medicines or place a tube into the stomach to "pump the stomach." Treatment also involves supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. For example, supportive treatment options may include:
- Fluids through an intravenous line (IV), if necessary
- Other treatments based on the complications that occur.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on PremesisRx.