The standard recommended PremesisRx dosage is one tablet taken once a day. It does not matter when you take the prenatal vitamin. If you find that you are having difficulty keeping PremesisRx down, try taking it with food, with milk, on an empty stomach, or before bedtime. Let your healthcare provider know if you experience severe nausea or vomiting while taking PremesisRx. He or she may recommend another prenatal vitamin.
PremesisRx Dosage: An IntroductionThere is only one standard recommended dose for PremesisRx® prenatal vitamins. As is always the case, do not adjust your PremesisRx dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(PremesisRx is no longer being manufactured and should no longer be sold in the United States. Please consult your healthcare provider for further information.)
The recommended dose for PremesisRx is one tablet taken once a day. Even though PremesisRx is specifically designed to help with morning sickness, you may still find that you have difficulty keeping it down. A little experimentation may help -- try taking it with food, without food, with milk, with crackers, on an empty stomach, before bedtime, etc.
PremesisRx can be taken alone or in combination with a regular prenatal vitamin.
General Information on Dosing With PremesisRxSome considerations for people taking PremesisRx include the following:
- PremesisRx comes in the form of a tablet. It is taken by mouth once daily.
- It does not matter what time of day you take PremesisRx prenatal vitamins. If they seem to make your morning sickness worse when you take them early in the day, try taking them later in the day.
- PremesisRx can be taken with food or on an empty stomach.
- Let your healthcare provider know if you have trouble keeping PremesisRx down or if it causes significant nausea. Your healthcare provider may have some useful suggestions or may recommend a different prenatal vitamin.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. PremesisRx will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or PremesisRx dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.