Week by Week Pregnancy
A woman's body goes through significant changes during pregnancy. Although each woman's experience may not be exactly the same, there are some common pregnancy milestones, such as:
- By the end of the 5th week, your baby will have developed a beating heart of its own
- Around the 9th week, the first fetal movements can be detected using an ultrasound
- By week 14 of pregnancy, your baby's sex organs have fully differentiated into male or female
- Around the 28th week, your baby's eyes begin to open and close
- Around the 38th week, your baby will be growing about an ounce a day.
(Click Pregnancy Week by Week to learn more about the different stages of pregnancy. This article also has information on what to do if you have morning sickness.)