7 Weeks Pregnant
While these are not absolute signs of a multiple pregnancy, indications that you may be carrying more than one fetus include:
- Faster rate of weight gain
- Size of abdomen and increased itching on its surface
- A feeling of heaviness in the pelvis or vagina
- Greater tendency to retain water
- Varicose veins
- Extra-high hCG levels (measured with a pregnancy blood test at your doctor's office)
- Increased fatigue.
True or false: You should not take baths during pregnancy.
The answer is FALSE.
In the "olden days" it was believed that if you took a bath while pregnant, bacteria in the water could travel into your vagina, introducing the baby to bacteria. But water will not enter your uterus while pregnant. In fact, a warm bath may actually be a way for you to relax while you are pregnant. Just make sure to not have it too hot -- many doctors recommend keeping your body temperature under 100 degrees while pregnant.