38 Weeks Pregnant
By week 38 of pregnancy, your baby is now full term, which means that if your baby were born today, he or she would be considered a full-grown baby. Babies who are born prior to week 38 are considered premature babies.
Fetal development that is occurring around week 38 of pregnancy may include the following:
- Your baby will be growing an ounce a day
- Your baby's intestines continue to accumulate meconium (baby's first bowel movement)
- The circumference of the head and the abdomen are about the same size
- The testicles have descended into the scrotum (for boys)
- The labia are completely developed (for girls).