28 Weeks Pregnant
When you are around 28 weeks pregnant, your baby is getting bigger and stronger, and you may notice that you are having more difficulty sleeping. Try to rest whenever the opportunity presents itself. As you embark on the next few months, you may find that you are also looking forward to the additional sleep that will come once your baby arrives!
Additional changes in your body that you may be experiencing around week 28 of pregnancy include:
- An average weight gain between 17 to 24 pounds (from your pre-pregnancy weight)
- Leg cramps and mild swelling of ankles and feet
- Shortness of breath
- Lower abdominal pain
- Varicose veins and itchiness
- Heartburn and indigestion
- Hemorrhoids (see Hemorrhoids During Pregnancy)
- Braxton Hicks contractions (hardening and relaxing of the uterus, like rehearsals for labor)
- The frequent need to urinate as the uterus continues to push on your bladder.