28 Weeks Pregnant
When you are 28 weeks pregnant, your baby is now sleeping and waking at normal intervals. Generally, your activity throughout the day will lull him or her to sleep, and being sedentary at night gives him or her a chance to wake up and be active!
Other fetal development that is occurring around week 28 of pregnancy includes the following:
- Brain tissue continues to develop
- The folds and grooves of your baby's brain continue to develop and expand
- The baby begins to dream
- The eyes open and close
- Eyebrows and eyelashes are present
- Your baby has about 2 to 3 percent body fat, and his or her muscle tone is increasing
- Although lungs are still immature, they are capable of sustaining life in the event of a premature birth (with some medical help).