25 Weeks Pregnant
When you are 25 weeks pregnant, your baby is starting to fatten up to become the butterball it will be when it is born! Although your baby's skin is still wrinkly during week 25 of pregnancy, the skin is now changing from translucent to a color more like your own skin.
Other fetal development that is occurring when you are 25 weeks pregnant includes the following:
- The structure of the spine begins to form
- Taste buds are forming
- If you are having a boy, his testes have dropped into the scrotum
- If you are having a girl, the vagina has hollowed out
- The hands are fully developed -- fingerprints and all!
- The blood vessels of the lungs are developing
- The nostrils are beginning to open.