18 Weeks Pregnant
If a woman's face breaks out while pregnant, she is having a girl, who will steal all of her beauty.
This is truly a myth -- many women break out while they are pregnant, due to increased hormones, and still manage to have healthy, happy boys and girls (and hang on to their own beauty).
When you are 18 weeks pregnant, it is a good time to begin your search for a pediatrician or other healthcare provider for your child. Schedule visits to meet with potential doctors to discuss issues such as appointment availability, immunization scheduling, and what to do in the event of an emergency. You will also want to learn as much as you can about their practices and procedures. Good questions to ask your potential healthcare provider include the following:
- How many healthcare providers are in the practice and what are their office hours?
- Who covers nights and weekends?
- What is the policy concerning phone calls?
- With which hospitals are they affiliated?
- What type of insurance do they accept?
- With which specialists do they work?
- How does the healthcare provider handle emergencies?
It is important that you and your partner feel comfortable with your child's doctor. Do your homework early and make your decision carefully.