13 Weeks Pregnant
At 13 weeks pregnant, your baby can now probably flex its arms and kick its legs. He or she may also be able to put a thumb in his or her mouth, although the sucking muscles are not yet completely developed.
Other fetal development that occurs when you are 13 weeks pregnant typically includes the following:
- The appearance of fingernails
- The beginnings of fingerprints and footprints
- The appearance of tooth buds for all 20 baby teeth
- The start of vocal cord formation
- The movement of eyes (closer together) and the ears (to a normal position)
- The appearance of visible ribs
- The development of the trachea, lungs, stomach, liver, pancreas, and intestines into their final functioning form.