Makena Drug Interactions
Although no drug interaction studies have been done on Makena, it's possible that this product could react with acetaminophen, nicotine, or a number of other medications. Makena affects certain liver enzymes and how quickly these enzymes break down certain drugs, and this is why interactions are considered a possibility. If you are taking any other medications, let your healthcare provider know before receiving Makena.
Makena™ (hydroxyprogesterone caproate) may interact with a number of other medications. Some of the products that may lead to drug interactions with Makena include but are not limited to:
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol®)
- Bupropion (Aplenzin™, Budeprion XL®, Budeprion™ SR, Buproban™, Forfivo™ XL, Wellbutrin SR®, Wellbutrin XL™, Wellbutrin®, Zyban®)
- Clozapine (Clozaril®, FazaClo®)
- Efavirenz (Sustiva®) or efavirenz, emtricitabine, and tenofovir (Atripla®)
- Methadone (Diskets®, Dolophine®, Methadose®)
- Nicotine (Nicoderm® CQ®, Nicorette®, Nicotrol®)
- Theophylline (Uniphyl®, Theochron®, TheoCap®, Theo-24®, Elixophyllin®)
- Tizanidine (Zanaflex®).