Pregnancy Home > PrimaCare Dosage
The recommended PrimaCare dosage (for regular PrimaCare) is one soft gel in the morning and one tablet in the evening. For PrimaCare One, you only need to take one soft gel daily, either day or night, as long as you take it at the same time each day. While you can take your PrimaCare dose with or without food, taking it with food may help with stomach upset.
The recommended dose of PrimaCare® depends on which PrimaCare product you take -- regular PrimaCare or PrimaCare One. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Dosage for Regular PrimaCareFor regular PrimaCare (not PrimaCare One), the recommended dose is one soft gel in the morning and one tablet in the evening. Taking the capsule and the tablet at two separate times may help the body absorb the vitamins and minerals better.
Dosage for PrimaCare OneFor PrimaCare One, the recommended dose is one soft gel once daily. It does not matter what time of day you take PrimaCare One, but you should try to take it at the same time each day.
Considerations for people taking PrimaCare include the following:
- PrimaCare One comes in soft gel form. It is usually taken once a day.
- PrimaCare comes in a package that contains both soft gels and tablets. The soft gels are taken in the morning, and the tablets are taken in the evening (for a total of two doses per day).
- PrimaCare products can be taken with or without food. The iron in these products may be better absorbed on an empty stomach, but most women find that taking prenatal vitamins with a little food usually helps with stomach upset.
- Let your healthcare provider know if you have trouble keeping PrimaCare products down or if they cause significant nausea. He or she may have some useful suggestions or recommend trying a different prenatal vitamin.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. PrimaCare will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or PrimaCare dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.