Pregnancy Home > Prepidil Warnings and Precautions
Before you receive Prepidil, make sure your healthcare provider knows if you have had vaginal bleeding during your pregnancy, any major surgery on your uterus, or certain other problems. Other precautions for using Prepidil safely include warnings of an increased risk for dangerous bleeding after delivery. Also, you may not be able to use this drug if you have had a C-section or a difficult delivery in the past.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to receiving Prepidil® (dinoprostone vaginal gel) if you have:
- Had vaginal bleeding during your pregnancy
- Had a cesarean section (C-section) in the past
- Had difficult labor or delivery in the past
- Had major surgery on your uterus
- Any disease or condition that affects your uterus
- Given birth six or more times when the baby was not in the usual position (head down)
- Genital herpes
- Glaucoma or increased pressure in your eye(s)
- Asthma or have ever had asthma, even as a child
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.