Pregnancy Home > Prepidil Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Receive Prepidil?You should not receive Prepidil if:
- Your healthcare provider has determined that your baby may be in fetal distress (not doing well) and delivery is not going to happen soon.
- You have had unexplained vaginal bleeding during your pregnancy.
- Your baby's head or body may be too large to fit through your pelvis.
- You have had difficult labor and delivery in the past.
- You have an overactive uterus.
- There is an emergency, and surgery would be safer for you or your baby.
- You should not have a vaginal delivery, such as if you have genital herpes.
- You have given birth six or more times in which the baby was not delivered in the usual position (head-down position).
- You are allergic to Prepidil, dinoprostone, other prostaglandins, or any of the inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.