Pregnancy Home > Prenate Mini
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Prenate Mini include the following:
- This vitamin comes in the form of a softgel capsule. It is normally taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Prenate Mini with or without food. The iron in the vitamin may be better absorbed on an empty stomach, but most women find taking prenatal vitamins with food can help reduce stomach upset.
- Prenate Mini can be taken at any time; however, you should try to take it at about the same time every day. If you find you are having morning sickness, you may want to take your vitamin later in the day.
- Let your healthcare provider know if Prenate Mini causes significant nausea or vomiting. He or she may have some useful suggestions or may be able to recommend a different prenatal vitamin to try.
- For this prenatal vitamin to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThere is only one standard recommended dose for Prenate Mini. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Prenate Mini Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of Prenate MiniJust like any medicine, Prenate Mini can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the vitamin will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Prenate Mini include but are not limited to:
(Click Prenate Mini Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)