Pregnancy Home > Prenate Mini Overdose
As with other vitamins, it is possible to overdose on Prenate Mini. Some of the most common overdose effects include nausea, vomiting, and constipation or diarrhea. Because this prenatal vitamin contains iron, it could be especially dangerous if large amounts of Prenate Mini are consumed by a child, potentially leading to iron poisoning and even death.
Can You Take Too Much Prenate Mini?Prenate Mini™ is a prenatal vitamin that is only available with a prescription. As with any vitamin, it is possible to take too much Prenate Mini.
The specific effects of an overdose can vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Prenate Mini dosage and whether it was combined with any other medications or substances.
Effects of an OverdoseTaking too much of any multivitamin, including Prenate Mini, is likely to cause nausea, vomiting, and constipation or diarrhea. In addition, based on the individual vitamins and minerals found in Prenate Mini, symptoms of an overdose may include but are not limited to:
- Heartburn or indigestion
- Abdominal (stomach) pain
- Unusual bleeding, including potentially dangerous bleeding
- Numbness or tingling of the hands or feet
- Kidney stones, especially in people prone to kidney stones.
In addition, and perhaps most importantly, because Prenate Mini contains iron, an overdose with this vitamin could cause iron poisoning. Taking too much iron can be quite dangerous for anyone and potentially life-threatening for a child. Symptoms of iron poisoning may include:
- Black or bloody stools
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blue lips and fingernails
- Pale skin
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Metallic taste in the mouth
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- Fluid in the lungs
- Fever and chills