Pregnancy Home > Prenate Elite
When and How Do I Take It?Some general considerations for when and how to take Prenate Elite include the following:
- The product comes in the form of a tablet. It is taken by mouth once daily.
- It does not matter what time of day you take these prenatal vitamins. If they seem to make your morning sickness worse, try taking them later in the day.
- Prenate Elite can be taken with food or on an empty stomach. The iron in Prenate Elite may be better absorbed on an empty stomach, but most women find that taking prenatal vitamins with a little bit of food usually helps with stomach upset.
- Let your healthcare provider know if you have trouble keeping the supplement down or if it causes significant nausea. Your healthcare provider may have some useful suggestions or may recommend a different prenatal vitamin.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Prenate Elite Dosing InformationThere is only one standard recommended dose for Prenate Elite. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Prenate Elite Dosage for more information.)
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Prenate Elite. However, not everyone who takes the prenatal vitamins will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate them quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Some of the possible side effects of Prenate Elite include, but are not limited to:
(Click Prenate Elite Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)