Pregnancy Home > 19 Weeks Pregnant
During the nineteenth week of your pregnancy, you may notice bothersome changes in your skin. These changes are hormone-related and for the most part, will disappear after delivery. These skin changes may include:
- Blotchy patches on your forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin
- Skin that is itchy, dry, or flaky -- especially on your belly
- A rash, particularly on stretched skin
- Stretch marks.
Although lotions will not prevent stretch marks, they may help soothe the irritating itchiness you are experiencing.
Other changes you may experience during week 19 of pregnancy include:
- Lower abdominal pain
- Leg cramps (Try eating a banana!)
- Swelling of ankles and feet
- Dilated blood vessels, which may cause tiny, temporary red marks (called spider angiomas) on your face, shoulders, and arms.