Pregnancy Home > Sex Positions for Getting Pregnant
Specific Sex PositionsNow is the time to explore, experiment, and have fun with your partner. It may be especially fun not having to worry about contraception. Many women find they are able to relax a bit. To help you get started, here are a few sex positions that may increase your chances of pregnancy:
- "Missionary style" -- Woman lying down on back, and partner on top.
- "Spooning" -- lying side by side -- Woman in front, and partner behind. This allows for deeper penetration, so the sperm are deposited closer to the cervix.
- Entry from behind -- Woman on hands and knees with partner entering behind her. This position allows deeper penetration, so the sperm are placed closer to the cervix, and therefore closer to the egg.
- On back, lying on edge of bed, with partner standing -- Woman lying on her back at the edge of the bed, with partner standing at the end of the bed, entering from there. This position allows for deeper penetration.
- Similar to the missionary position, but with a twist -- Like the missionary position, the woman is on her back, but in this position, she puts her legs around her partner, who enters from above. Although it is very similar to the missionary position, the raised legs increase the penetration angle and depth, increasing the chances of becoming pregnant. There are a few variations to this position:
- For the woman to raise her butt, making a "bridge," as she and her partner are having intercourse.
- For the woman to place her knees up by her ears, like in a squatting position on her back, as her partner enters from above. This increases penetration.