Pregnancy Home > Neevo Overdose
An overdose of Neevo may lead to iron poisoning, which could result in symptoms such as drowsiness, black or bloody stools, diarrhea, and headaches. If you think that you may have overdosed on this supplement, seek medical attention immediately (without waiting for symptoms to occur). Treatment for an overdose may involve "pumping the stomach," taking certain medications, or supportive care.
Can You Overdose on Neevo?
Neevo® is a prescription prenatal vitamin. It is possible to take too much Neevo; in fact, an overdose of this supplement can be fatal. The specific effects of a Neevo overdose will vary, depending on several factors, including the dosage and whether it was taken with any other substances or medicines.
Because an overdose with Neevo can be life-threatening (due to the iron content of Neevo), seek immediate medical attention if you suspect that you or someone else may have taken an overdose. Time is of the essence; do not wait to see if symptoms occur.
Dangerous Effects of a Neevo Overdose
Neevo contains iron, and taking too much iron can be very dangerous (especially for young children). Symptoms of iron poisoning may include:
- Rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- Fever and chills
- Blue lips and fingernails
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Pale skin
- Black or bloody stools
- Nausea and vomiting
- Metallic taste in mouth
- Fluid in the lungs
- Loss of life.
Because iron is a leading cause of poisoning deaths in children, Neevo prenatal vitamins should be stored out of the reach of children (and pets, too).