Pregnancy Home > Expecta Dosage
The standard recommended Expecta Lipil dosage is one softgel taken once a day. Expecta Lipil should be taken in addition to a prenatal vitamin, as it only contains DHA (it does not contain the typical vitamins and minerals found in prenatal vitamins). If you have difficulty keeping Expecta Lipil down or if it causes significant nausea, contact your healthcare provider.
Expecta Dosage: An IntroductionThere is only one standard recommended dose for Expecta® Lipil® DHA supplements. As is always the case, do not adjust your Expecta Lipil dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
The recommended dose for Expecta Lipil is one softgel taken once a day. Expecta Lipil should not replace your regular prenatal vitamin, because it does not contain folic acid, iron, or any of the usual vitamins and supplements in prenatal vitamins. It contains only docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), an omega-3 fatty acid.
General Information on Dosing With ExpectaSome considerations for people taking Expecta Lipil include the following:
- Expecta Lipil comes in the form of a softgel. It is usually taken by mouth once daily.
- It does not matter what time of day you take Expecta Lipil. If it seems to make your morning sickness worse when you take it early in the day, try taking it later in the day.
- Expecta Lipil should be swallowed whole and taken with a meal and a glass of water, if possible.
- Let your healthcare provider know if you have trouble keeping Expecta Lipil down or if it causes significant nausea. Your healthcare provider may have some useful suggestions.
- For the supplement to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Expecta Lipil will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Expecta Lipil dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.