Pregnancy Home > DuetDHA Dosage
The standard recommended DuetDHA dosage is one softgel (which contains the omega-3 fatty acids) and one tablet (which contains the vitamins and minerals) each day. It does not matter if you take them together or at different times. The iron in DuetDHA may be better absorbed on an empty stomach, but many women find that taking the vitamins with a little food usually helps to avoid an upset stomach.
DuetDHA Dosage: An IntroductionThere is only one standard recommended dose for Duet®DHA or DuetDHAec. As is always the case, do not adjust your DuetDHA dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
The recommended DuetDHA dose is one tablet and one softgel capsule a day. They can be taken at the same time (or at different times of the day). If the softgel (which contains the omega-3 fatty acids) causes extreme nausea or vomiting, take just the tablet (which contains the vitamins and minerals) until you can speak with your healthcare provider. The tablets contain folic acid, which is very important during early pregnancy.
General Information on Dosing With DuetDHASome considerations for people taking DuetDHA include the following:
- DuetDHA and DuetDHAec come in packages with both tablets and softgels. One tablet and one softgel are taken once daily (it does not matter if you take them together or at different times).
- DuetDHA products can be taken with food or on an empty stomach. The iron in these products may be better absorbed on an empty stomach, but most women find that taking prenatal vitamins with a little food usually helps with stomach upset.
- Let your healthcare provider know if you have trouble keeping DuetDHA products down or if they cause significant nausea. Your healthcare provider may have some useful suggestions or may recommend trying a different prenatal vitamin.
- For the vitamins to work properly, they must be taken as prescribed. DuetDHA will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or DuetDHA dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.