Pregnancy Home > Diclegis Dosage
Your Diclegis dosage will be primarily based on how you respond to the medication. The starting dose is usually two tablets at bedtime. If needed, you can also take one tablet in the morning and one in the mid-afternoon; however, do not take more than four tablets each day.
The dose of Diclegis® (doxylamine and pyridoxine) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on how you respond to the medication. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
The recommended initial dosage of Diclegis for treating nausea and vomiting of pregnancy is usually two tablets at bedtime. If this dose adequately controls your nausea and vomiting, continue taking two tablets at bedtime as your regular dose.
If your symptoms continue into the afternoon of day 2, take two tablets at bedtime that evening, and then increase your dosage on day 3 to one tablet in the morning and two tablets at bedtime. If this dose adequately controls your nausea and vomiting, continue taking one tablet in the morning and two tablets at bedtime as your regular dose.
If, however, your symptoms persist, increase your dosage on day 4 to one tablet in the morning, one tablet in the mid-afternoon, and two tablets at bedtime.
The maximum recommended Diclegis dosage is four tablets a day, taken as one tablet in the morning, one in the mid-afternoon, and two in the evening. Talk to your healthcare provider about other options if this dose does not adequately control your symptoms.
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Diclegis include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth one to four times a day.
- Take Diclegis on an empty stomach with a glass of water.
- Swallow the tablets whole; do not cut, crush, split, or chew them.
- Diclegis is meant to be taken on a daily basis to prevent nausea and vomiting. It is not intended to be taken as needed.
- Try to take your doses at about the same time each day to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage of Diclegis, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.