Pregnancy Home > Citranatal Overdose
An overdose of Citranatal may cause bothersome (but generally minor) symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, constipation, or diarrhea. The most dangerous effect of an overdose with this prenatal vitamin is iron poisoning, which could lead to dehydration, seizures, and fluid in the lungs. Treatment for an overdose may involve "pumping the stomach" or taking certain medications.
Can You Take Too Much Citranatal?
Dangerous Effects of an Overdose
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- Fluid in the lungs
- Black and, possibly, bloody stools
- Fever and chills
- Blue lips and fingernails
- Pale skin
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Nausea and vomiting
- Metallic taste in the mouth