Signs of Labor
If you experience any of the following labor signs, call your doctor immediately:
- You have vaginal bleeding that is either more than spotting or is bright red
- Your water breaks, and you are NOT having contractions
- Your contractions are closer together than every 5 minutes
- You have severe and constant pain rather than contractions
- You are still less than 37 weeks pregnant, but are starting to have more than 5 contractions within an hour.
These are all signs that your delivery may happen much sooner than you expected or that you are having trouble. These signs may also mean that your baby is in trouble. In any case, you may need to go to the birthing center right away.