When and How to Take the Supplement
Some general considerations for when and how to take this prenatal vitamin include the following:
- Gesticare comes in tablet form. It is taken once a day.
- You can take this prenatal vitamin with food or on an empty stomach. The iron may be better absorbed on an empty stomach, but most women find that taking prenatal vitamins with a little food usually helps with stomach upset.
- You can take Gesticare at any time of the day, but try to take it at the same time each day.
- Let your healthcare provider know if you have trouble keeping Gesticare down or if it causes significant nausea or other intolerable side effects. Your healthcare provider may have some useful suggestions or may recommend trying a different prenatal vitamin.
- Although occasional missed doses are not of significant concern, it is important to try to take your prenatal vitamin regularly throughout pregnancy.
There is only one standard recommended dose for Gesticare. As is always the case, do not adjust your Gesticare dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Gesticare Dosage for more information.)
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with Gesticare. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Some of the possible side effects of Gesticare (which are also common symptoms in pregnancy) include, but are not limited to:
(Click Gesticare Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)