The recommended dosage of Gesticare for use before, during, and after pregnancy is one tablet once a day. This dosage is standard for everyone, regardless of how far along you are in your pregnancy. It is not a significant concern if you occasionally miss a dosage (or vomit up a dose), but try to take the prenatal vitamin on a regular basis.
Gesticare Dosage: An Introduction
As with other prenatal vitamins, there is only one standard recommended dose for Gesticare™. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Regular Gesticare is no longer being manufactured. Gesticare DHA is still available.)
The recommended dosage of this product for use before, during, and after pregnancy is one tablet a day.
If you forget to take your Gesticare dose, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose of Gesticare. If you vomit after taking a dose, do not take another dose (it is difficult to tell how much of the drug was absorbed into your body).
It is not a significant concern if you miss a dose (or vomit up a dose) every once in a while, but try to take Gesticare on a regular basis. Let your healthcare provider know if you have trouble keeping Gesticare down or if it causes significant nausea or other side effects. Your healthcare provider may have some useful suggestions or may recommend a different prenatal vitamin.
General Dosing Information
Some considerations for people taking Gesticare include the following:
- Gesticare comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Gesticare with food or on an empty stomach. The iron may be better absorbed on an empty stomach, but most women find that taking prenatal vitamins with a little food usually helps with stomach upset.
- You can take Gesticare at any time of the day, but try to take it at the same time each day.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Gesticare will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Gesticare dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.