Living With Fetal Alcohol Syndrome

Housing for Those Living With Fetal Alcohol Syndrome

Housing for adults with fetal alcohol syndrome can be hard to find. Those who meet certain criteria may be eligible for federal housing programs, such as:
  • Public housing
  • Housing vouchers
  • Section 811 for persons with disabilities
  • Rural housing programs.
States, localities, and nonprofit organizations also may offer housing, but their eligibility criteria and accessibility vary widely.
Supportive housing that offers help with tasks such as cleaning, grocery shopping, and bill paying would be ideal, but few programs are designed for people living with fetal alcohol syndrome.
Group homes for individuals with mental retardation or mental illness may be an option. However, they can be a poor fit for people with the condition who may function at a higher level than their housemates or who have different needs. Independent living with services may work for people who do not need constant supervision.
Pregnancy and Pain

Information on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome

Terms of Use
Advertise with Us
Contact Us
About eMedTV
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2006-2018 Clinaero, Inc.
eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.