Some general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Diclegis include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth one to four times a day.
- Take Diclegis on an empty stomach with a glass of water.
- Swallow the tablets whole; do not cut, crush, split, or chew them.
- Diclegis is meant to be taken on a daily basis. It is not intended to be taken as needed.
- Try to take your doses at about the same time each day to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
The dose of Diclegis your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on how you respond to the medicine.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Diclegis Dosage for more information.)
Just like any medicine, Diclegis can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. Most people tolerate it quite well.
If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Drowsiness is the most common Diclegis side effect.
(Click Diclegis Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)
Diclegis may react with a few other medicines (see Diclegis Drug Interactions).