Citranatal is a prescription prenatal vitamin that contains nutrients that are important for a healthy pregnancy. This line of supplements has five different formulations. Regardless of the product you are using, the supplement is taken once a day.
What Is Citranatal?
Citranatal® is a line of different prescription prenatal vitamins, including:
- Citranatal® DHA -- contains the standard prenatal vitamins and minerals in combination with docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
- Citranatal® 90 DHA -- the same as Citranatal DHA but with more iron, calcium, and DHA
- Citranatal Assure® -- the same as Citranatal DHA but with more DHA and slightly more iron and vitamin B6
- Citranatal Harmony® -- contains fewer vitamins than Citranatal DHA, but the same amount of folic acid, docusate, and DHA
- Citranatal B-Calm® -- the only Citranatal product without DHA or docusate, it contains increased levels of vitamin B6.
The Citranatal line of products has replaced Citracal Prenatal + DHA products, which were almost identical, with a few minor changes.
(Click Citranatal Uses for more information on what these vitamins are used for, including possible off-label uses.)
Who Makes Citranatal?
Citranatal products are made by Mission Pharmacal Company.