Cervidil Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Receive Cervidil?You should not receive Cervidil if:
- Your healthcare provider has determined that your baby may be in fetal distress (not doing well) and delivery is not about to happen.
- You have had unexplained vaginal bleeding during your pregnancy.
- Your baby's head or body may be too large to fit through your pelvis.
- Prolonged contraction of your uterus may harm you or your baby.
- You are already receiving drugs to induce labor intravenously (by IV).
- You have given birth six or more times.
- You are allergic to Cervidil, dinoprostone, other prostaglandins, or any of the inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.