Cervidil Side Effects
Serious Side EffectsSome side effects of Cervidil are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling, especially of the mouth, lips, or throat
- Wheezing or difficulty breathing
- Difficulty swallowing
- Low blood pressure, which could cause dizziness or fainting
- Abnormally strong or frequent uterine contractions
- Severe uterine pain
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Persistent fever, nausea, vomiting, abdominal (stomach) pain, or diarrhea.
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the Cervidil side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while receiving Cervidil or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.