Drug InteractionsCervidil is unlikely to react with most other medicines (see Cervidil Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to receiving this medication if you have:
- Had vaginal bleeding during your pregnancy
- Had a cesarean section (C-section) in the past
- Had major surgery on your uterus
- Any disease or condition that affects your uterus
- A history of asthma, even as a child
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are breastfeeding (see Cervidil and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Cervidil Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not receive the drug.)
What If I Overdose on Cervidil?An overdose of this medication could cause increased uterine contractions and fetal distress. If you receive too much, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Cervidil Overdose for more information.)