When and How to Take Carenatal DHASome general considerations for when and how to take Carenatal DHA include the following:
- Carenatal DHA comes packaged with both tablets and softgels. The tablets contain the vitamins and minerals, while the softgels contain the omega-3 fatty acids.
- One Carenatal DHA tablet and one softgel are taken by mouth once a day. It does not matter if you take them together or at different times.
- Carenatal DHA products can be taken with food or on an empty stomach. The iron in these products may be better absorbed on an empty stomach, but most women find that taking prenatal vitamins with a little bit of food usually helps with stomach upset.
- Let your healthcare provider know if you have trouble keeping Carenatal DHA down or if it causes significant nausea. Your healthcare provider may have some useful suggestions or may recommend a different prenatal vitamin.
- For the vitamins to work properly, they must be taken as prescribed. Carenatal DHA will not work if you stop taking it.
Carenatal DHA Dosing InformationThere is only one standard recommended dose for Carenatal DHA. As is always the case, do not adjust your Carenatal DHA dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Carenatal DHA Dosage for more information.)